Finding The Correct Title Insurance Policy

I have sent clients of mine who have bought real estate individually and who have later transferred the real estate into a revocable trust a letter asking them to call their title insurance company to request a CLTA 107.9 endorsement to add their trust as an additional insured. In my letter, I am referring to the title insurance policy that was issued to the owner when the real estate was originally purchased. The real estate may have been refinanced one or more times after the purchase and on each refinance the lender was issued a lender’s title insurance policy. But the client/owner is not insured under the lender’s title insurance policy. Therefore, the client needs to find the title insurance policy issued to him or her or them when the property was originally purchased and the client needs to call that particular title insurance company to request an endorsement.

About randyspiro

I am a super lawyer in California with dual specialization in Estate Planning and Taxation.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s